The Will Fleischman Signature Series Smoker offers the upgraded design features and consistent cooking quality synonymous with the PitViper Series Smokers from BlackIronBBQ without the added expense of full double wall construction. “El Guapo”, Spanish for “The Handsome One”, has been collaborated, tested, approved, & endorsed by renowned Texas Pitmasters Will Fleischman and Eric Perry. The “El Guapo” Smoker is the perfect solution for someone who want a long lasting, fully welded BlackIron BBQ Smoker with insulated doors with gaskets. Unlike the PitViper Series Smokers, the exterior of “El Guapo” will be untouchable to the naked hand but is still easy to operate for a beginner backyard enthusiast while also satisfying the needs of a tenured Pitmaster. The “El Guapo” Will Fleischman Signature Series Smoker from BlackIron BBQ are simple to operate, burn less fuel, and won;t break the bank. We here at BlackIronBBQ enjoy our barbecue and love what we do. Please don’t hesitate to contact us directly with any questions regarding our BBQ Smoker Grill products. We are available Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm central time 972-479-0699
For more detailed instructions on how to use your PitViper BBQ Smoker please refer below to the additional information tab.
|Dimensions||16 x 14 x 12 in|
|Dimensions||5 SqFt Cooking Space
16”W x 17”D x 36”H (51” with Base & Stack)
|Features||• 5 SqFt Cooking Space
• 18 Gauge Single Walled Mild Steel
• Removable Water Pan
• Heavy Duty Hinges
• Pitmaster IQ120 Kit (Optional)
• High Temperature Fiberglass Flange-Mount Seals
• 3” Tel-Tru Glow Dial Temperature Gauge
• Single Adjustable Stack Exhausts
• Multiple Colors Available
• Diamond Plate Detailing
|Options||• Pitmaster IQ120 Kit|
|Custom||Since we manufacture everything in-house at our facility in Dallas, TX, this product can be customized to your exact specifications.|
Out of stock
The Will Fleischman Signature Series Smoker offers the upgraded design features and consistent cooking quality synonymous with the PitViper Series Smokers from BlackIronBBQ without the added expense of full double wall construction. “El Guapo”, Spanish for “The Handsome One”, has been collaborated, tested, approved, & endorsed by renowned Texas Pitmasters Will Fleischman and Eric Perry. The “El Guapo” Smoker is the perfect solution for someone who want a long lasting, fully welded BlackIron BBQ Smoker with insulated doors with gaskets. Unlike the PitViper Series Smokers, the exterior of “El Guapo” will be untouchable to the naked hand but is still easy to operate for a beginner backyard enthusiast while also satisfying the needs of a tenured Pitmaster. The “El Guapo” Will Fleischman Signature Series Smoker from BlackIron BBQ are simple to operate, burn less fuel, and won’t break the bank.
Why did we create the “El Guapo” Will Fleischman Signature Series BBQ smokers?
For years we searched, tried and experimented with numerous commercial smokers. Most of the products lacked certain elements or failed to maintain heat over extended cooking times. The biggest issue was quality. Most of the higher end commercial restaurant BBQ Smokers literally started falling apart after 12-16 months of use. As a manufacturing facility located in Dallas, TX we used our experience in designs, metal selections and fabrication to build a BBQ pit that will last decades. Once we mastered the commercial grade, vertical , insulated smoker we challenged ourself to fabricate a similar quality product without the added expense of full insulation.
Frame and Box Design:
Pitviper BBQ Smokers are designed for years of use with minimum maintenance and repair. Featuring 18 gauge mild steel single walls, our smokers will still offer cooking consistency that will stand the test of time. “El Guapo”‘s insulated door and gasket helps contain the smoke and heat producing consistent cooking results similar to our PitViper Series Smokers.
Cooking Surface: “El Guapo” Will Fleischman Signature Series BBQ smokers have a number of removable cooking trays and one additional open slot. These trays can be configured or removed depending on the meat being smoked or an additional tray can also be purchased.
Vertical Smoke Cookers: All BlackIron BBQ smokers utilize vertical design fire boxes. These designs allow for the heat to be directly located beneath the water pan, and let the heat and smoke slowly rise around the cooking area and meats. Due to the internal design and propane induction of heat combined with the fire wood, the smokers require less materials to maintain temperatures allowing the cook more time to focus on other duties.
The internal design of the fire box contains 3 key sections.
1. Elevated Wood Rack: Located below the water pan and above the charcoals, the direct heat provides a direct heat to smoke the wood vs traditional boxes using wood and charcoal together.
2. Charcoal Pan: The charcoal pan sits above the ash pan and easily slides out of the fire box for initial and additional addition of charcoal.
3. Ash Pan: The ash pan sits directly below the charcoal pan and provides an easy way to collect and remove ash from the fire box.
|Dimensions||16 × 17 × 51 in|
6 SqFt Cooking Space
• 6 SqFt Cooking Space
|How To Leveling Your PitViper||
Leveling you PitViper BBQ Smoker
Leveling your PitViper BBQ Smoker is critical to ensure that your integrated water pan can hold the maximum amount of water thus keeping moisture levels are the proper amount during your cook times. Not to mention if the PitVIper is not level then the water may potentially spill over into the firebox area. The following steps will help insure you have a great BBQ experience.
2. Place the level on top of the smoker. Start gradually lowering the leveling legs until the wheels are slightly lifted off the surface. (On dirt or gravel you may need to use a paver stone or piece of wood as a base for the lifting pad). Level side to side and front to back.
3. Have someone watch the level and slowly adjust each leveling foot until the smoker shows level.
|Preparing The Fire In The Fire Box||
Preparing the Fire Box
Smoking is the process of cooking by indirect heat and usually takes several hours at low temperatures to obtain your desired results. A critical step in achieving your goals is to maintain a steady temperature throughout the cooking process. This can be achieved and mastered by anyone with a little practice on your new PitMaster BBQ Smoker
2. At this time we will begin adding some pecan, mesquite or other preferred smoking wood to the grate directly above the charcoal pan onto the wood cradle.
3. Over the next few hours you should monitor the wood and add additional pieces as necessary to maintain a solid smoke base to our meats, but also prolong our BBQ temperature. In rare cases it may be necessary to add additional charcoal on longer cooking meats. We highly recommend that charcoals be heated and prepared in a charcoal chimney first before placing back into the smoker. The charcoals should be an ash or white in color before adding. This is not something we recommend or is really needed.
|How To Season Your PitViper||
Seasoning your PitViper
Although you’re new PitViper Smoker has been initially cleaned and degreased at the factory it’s important that we perform and initial seasoning that will remove any remaining containments, but also remove any potential odors that remain from production. Look inside the smoker chamber and see if any visual containments are present. If so you can wash the inside with mild soap and water and then allow to air dry.
2. Fill a starter chimney with charcoal, once hot add to charcoal pan in fire box. At this time you can add some wood.
3. The next step is to heat the smoker up to 250-275 degrees for at least 2 hours. Water is not necessary at this point during the curing process.
4. Once the initial 2 hours has passed open the doors and allow the fire to die off and the smoker to air cool.
Congratulations, at this point you are now ready to start smoking some quality BBQ